Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10mm Nap. French - Artillery 1

Time for another Unit Showcase!

This time I am going for another piece of the 10mm Napoleonic collection.

This is a unit of 12lb French cannon and their limbers and commander. These guns, among the heaviest used on land, could hit troops many hundreds of
yards away, and within a few hundred yards could mow them down with canister shot. The limbers would sit behind the guns a ways, and contained ammunition, some of which would actually be transported in a separate caisson. The crew look dashing in the blue uniforms, and the red is a nice highlight for them! I really like the crew figures, as they are well detailed and their kits are pretty complete!

2 comments:

Mad Padre said...

Very nice looking figures. The other day I was introducing my 14 year old son (also a wargamer) to the film Waterloo and I was telling him that I was always tempted to do Napoleonics but never succumbed to the temptation. Pictures and figures like these make me question my resolve. Well done.

Author said...

Hey!

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look! I do enjoy looking at toy soldiers, and any boy, no matter if he is 10 years old or 60, seems to enjoy toy soldiers too:) You can always pick up a few and paint them up just to see how it goes...?:)