Saturday, September 25, 2010

More done on the 15mm ACW table


Hey all!

Well, got some more work done on the ACW table... flattened it out a bit by taking out a plateau, and that really helped solidify the fenceline.

I think, basically, I like where it is now.  Keep in mind I haven't flocked anything in yet, so the hill sticks out and the roads don't exist and there are areas that are plain felt, but overall...

A number of years ago a very good buddy and I came up with the idea of the "maturation process."  We discussed how, when a table is first set up, it doesn't look its best.  It takes a lot of looking at the table and moving things around, changing things, to get it looking its best.  I have found that it takes me more time than it takes him, as he has a much better "feel" for how human beings lay out their dwellings and fields... he is a serious reenactor, and he sees a lot more fields than I do!

So... I'll take a day or two moving things around, and then I'll flock the table!

3 comments:

JM said...

Your table is always impressive and inspirational!

(Only in wargaming would this comment be socially acceptable between two grown men..)

Author said...

*laugh*

Any suggestions by any chance? I always love to have a second (and third) pair of eyes to look things over... sometimes I find myself placing fields in the middle of nowhere, or houses nowhere near a road, or some other random, unthinking bit... anything look like it could use tweaking in your eyes?

Author said...

Oh, and I love my table. A nice wooden one with a Formica top that looks like wood; it fooled my own father, who collects antiques and knows a thing or two about wood!:D

Of course, I do mean my dining room table. Because, of course, that is the only table socially acceptable for two men to discuss!:D