Sunday, September 2, 2012

One Marshal done, one WIP, and an issue


Well, I finished up the first large stand for Napoleon's set... a Marshal, clearly irritated, with a few aides.  I stuck him next to my finished guard just for the appearance.

And then I started in on the next marshal, along with an ADC, pictured to the right.

I have, however, run into a problem.

When I look at my old bases, they are done in a certain style... static grass and mud.  Here is a shot.


However, I am not really a fan of that anymore, so I was going with a different basing... but I can't.  If I am going to do Napoleon for this army, I have to base them the same.

So I am stuck a bit... I sort of want to go back to the whole old army and add a bunch more flock to their bases, but that is a lot of work.  So do I base the new thing in a style I don't particularly like, so it matches?

It is irritating.

5 comments:

Battlescale said...

The Marshal certainly doesn't look amused! Great looking set of figures. As for the bases I would change them if you're not happy with them... They will only irritate you for years to come!
What rule set are these based for by the way? They look really neat.
Steve

Mikko Asikainen said...

I had a project where the basing style evolved over time. I think it's the overall effect that matters. When they're on the table, we rarely look at the minutiae, but rather our eye focuses on major colors and formations. If you do the bases with broadly the same major colors (browns and greens) then I think you will be the only one who'll notice the difference unless you point it out.

Simon Quinton said...

Perhaps do it the new way and then re flock one unit a week until they are all eventually done. You'll only end up not liking what you've done.

Gunfreak said...

Great to see you back to 28mm napoleonics

Echoes Of Glory said...

Match the base or redo the army. Are you using dip on these? That is also a vastly different look then the rest of the army.