Monday, June 9, 2014

My latest "Longstreet" Campaign game!


Hi all!

Well, I played my latest campaign game of "Longstreet" a WHILE ago (I think back in April!) against the cavalry master himself, Barry.  However, I never posted the photos!


My force is at the top of the above photo.  I was VERY cavalry heavy, which was rough for me... I am not used to cavalry:)


Here are my boys defending the field and the crossroads.


Barry was using some loaned troops, including this skirmisher marker I made up.


Here you can see Barry stretching his line out, attempting to surround my more compact force.  I was hoping the terrain and his oncoming troops would minimize the impact of his artillery.


My reserves begin to move up.


With cavalry threatening my left flank and a ton of federal infantry on my right, I was trying desperately to keep my flanks secure.


My boys started throwing up earthworks in front of them.  I figured I wanted to stay on THIS side of the hill and field in order to protect myself from the federal guns.


I wrote this battery off, figuring I would let it fight to the death in an attempt to kill some boys in blue and to slow down the enemy so that I could get reinforcements to this flank... I simply didn't have enough infantry to cover the whole line.


The Federals hit home!


Unfortunately a bad set of rolls (I think he rolled 13 hits out of 15 rolls) and then a unit getting JUUUUSSSTT caught in the flank did in one part of my lines.


My rebs fall back, still firing...


In the end my boys simply didn't have enough troops, and thankfully I hit my breakpoint before Barry could slaughter too many more of my brave boys.


Now, thanks to the fantastic campaign system, my army isn't destroyed.  In fact, due to reinforcements it came back VERY different!

The army consists of...

31st NC, 6 stands of eager veterans with a hero
11th SC, 5 stands of seasoned veterans with a hero and sharpshooter
30th NC, 8 stands of eager Old Reliable veterans with a hero and sharpshooter

I also picked up two new units of infantry...

22nd SC, 6 stands of seasoned veterans
11th NC "Berger's Zouaves", 6 stands of seasoned recruits

4 stands of cautious veteran cavalry
7 stands of eager veteran cavalry

1 light rifle and 1 heavy rifle
1 napoleon

I also gained the Indian Wars personality trait, and a promotion to 4 eagles 1863 III.


Here is a shot of the 30th North Carolina... brave lads, these guys are!


And here is the 11th South Carolina... also SO beat up.  Uniforms in disarray, dead everywhere... I love my boys, and can't let them die!  Compare them now to the start of this terrible conflict!


They were a pretty sight when they first marched out of Charleston!

So!  That's where we left off!  I know that the campaign has slowed a bit, but I am sure I'll get at least one 1864 game in there somewhere!:)


1 comment:

Phil said...

Great report, especially like your 30th North Carolina regiment...