Saturday, October 10, 2015

40mm George Washington finished


Hey all!

Well, believe it or not, I've been doing a lot at the House of War... just not a lot of photos to show for it!

I've been playing a lot of Armada, but I feel like I've taken SO many Armada photos that there is no need for anything new until Wave 2 shows up:)

But I ALSO finished up George Washington, for my son's Christmas gift!


A great figure from Trident, George was a pleasure to paint up.  Again, I went SUPER simple, with a REAL minimum of highlighting... mainly just a careful base coat and a wash, with a touch more blue on the coat.  I do wish that he was physically a bit larger... wasn't Washington over six feet?  But still, a fantastic figure.  Yes, I know I shouldn't have painted him with white hair, but remember, this is for a four year old:)


So that's it!  Next up is a unit of Continentals, who are just waiting for some sand on the bases and their undercoat before I get started.  Then the end is in sight... a unit of jaegers, a unit of militia, and a unit of rifles left to go!

No comments: