Saturday, May 14, 2016

A present for a buddy's daughter


Hey all!

Well, I thought I would show a gift I made for a buddy's daughter!

His daughter, Casey, just turned one.  I knew she'd be getting plenty of girly gifts, and I figured it would be up to Uncle Ashram to get her something a little more... well, Daddy!


So I made these guys, using a bunch of different dowels and balsa and shapes and stuff I picked up at Michael's.  Did some sawing, some sanding, some painting, and voila!  Little toy soldiers with her name on them!


I also put her name in the tray; that way she can "practice" spelling her name by putting them in!

Overall I think they turned out pretty good, although one guy's shako is a bit crooked.  You learn as you go, right?:)  The gloss varnish I think was the finishing touch, that really made them scream "toy soldier."

No comments: